Due to the keen interest in John Updike‘s speech at the Saturday Book & Author Breakfast, we are releasing it as a separate podcast. Mr. Updike abandoned a speech about his new book, Terrorist, in favor of a passionate discussion of books and booksellers — whom he called “the citadels of light.” We will podcast the Book & Author Breakfast in its entirety including Barack Obama, Amy Sedaris and Marie Arana later on.
BEA #2 - John Updike Speech
Trackbacks for this post
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog
- Times emit » Blog Archive » BEA Podcasts
- Edward Champion’s Return of the Reluctant » Gray Lady Interview Policy: No Depth Perception?
- SlushPile.net » Dire Predictions from Updike
- I am Dan
- Sumerian Punditry « Collections 2.0
- the future(s) of books « books & culture
- A Book Is Not an Object « Collections 2.0
- John Updike at BEA Podcast Released « Publishing Industry Consultant – Where books and technology meet.
- Why Books and Magazines have Edges | Exact Editions | Blog